Friday 14 January 2011

Join the new facebook group on Libyan birds

Until very recently people used to say that Libya is the most under-reported country in the Mediterranean. Well I don't believe that any more. I actually believe that within the next year or so as much will be known as any where else in the region. Things are moving fast.


I don't have space to write all the new sources of information (or for example the scientific papers which I know are going to be produced) but I want to draw your attention to the latest additional source. And its fun!

Join the Libyan bird watchers group on facebook. It has pictures and opportunities for discussion which you won't be able to find anywhere else. The group is particularly keen on recruiting Libyans and ex-pats based in Libya but anyone with an interest in Libyan birds is welcome. Some posts are in Arabic and some in English.


snapshot of the front page of the Libyan bird watcher group 

You don't have to be a professional bird watcher so don't be shy!  


local marsh harrier by Essam Bourass taken from the facebook group

I look forward to meeting some of you on the facebook group.

No comments:

Post a Comment